You are here
Business Administration Major
Business Administration Mission Statement:
The mission of the Business Administration Associate of Science degree program is to educate students in the fundamental concepts, techniques and skills necessary to excel in various business-related fields.
Business Administration Vision Statement:
To create a learning environment in which students understand the fundamentals of ethical business practices and behaviors to help them succeed in the 21st century global business environment.
Business Administration Goals:
MacCormac’s Business Administration Program will ensure that students are well rounded, well educated, and well prepared for the 21st century world of business. To that end, the course of study will:
- Provide students with a broad-based overview of the key concepts, tools, strategies and techniques necessary to support/enhance students’ employability in a for-profit or not- for-profit business venture.
- Provide the basic tools to move on to a four-year college or university.
- Explore the latest concepts and practices in management and global economics.
- Broaden student understanding of current and future economic trends and their impact on the business climate in the U.S. and across the globe.
- Build basic skills, knowledge and understanding of business accounting, finance, technology, human resource management and marketing.
- Integrate traditional classroom education, best practices and experiential learning to enhance student knowledge and understanding.
Business Administration Learning Outcomes:
- Communicate effectively in business environments
- Utilize relevant business software and online business resources
- Review the relevance of social media within the business context
- Analyze internal and external business reports including basic financial statements
- Identify, analyze and evaluate common and competing interests of business stakeholders including customers, suppliers, business owners, investors and global markets
- Gain an understanding of the ethical challenges related to business and management through the study of effective strategies for resolving these issues.
Industry Recognized Business Administration Certifications:
- Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR)
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified Customer Service Manager (CCSM)
Business Administration Program Director:
Nancy Hollis has extensive entrepreneurial, business, accounting, and investment experience. Prior to joining MacCormac College, she co-founded TEDI Financial Management Co., an education firm that specializes in providing unbiased financial literacy education classes that cover topics including budgeting, checking and savings accounts, credit, investing, retirement and insurance. Prior to TEDI, Nancy founded MoneyWise Strategies Group in 2011 to fulfill her passion for helping young people learn how to manage their personal financial lives. Prior to founding MoneyWise, Nancy was a Managing Director at Bivium Capital Partners, LLC, an investment management firm she co-founded in 2002 and helped grow to over $1.3 billion in assets under management. Nancy’s career began at Goldman, Sachs & Co. in the Investment Management Division. She received her BA in Economics from New York University and her MBA in Finance from Columbia Business School.
Program outline is available here.