BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM IN CHICAGO
If your goal is to work in the business world, earning your business administration degree in Chicago can give you the knowledge and skills you need to succeed. Students who complete MacCormac College’s business program in Chicago learn problem-solving strategies, how to communicate more effectively, information technology skills, marketing and sales concepts — as well as foundational business concepts such as finance and accounting, human resources, business ethics, entrepreneurship, and much more.
Hear From The Business Administration Program Director!
Business Administration Mission Statement:
The mission of the Business Administration Associate of Science 2-year business degree program is to educate students in the fundamental concepts, techniques and skills necessary to excel in various business-related fields.
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION VISION STATEMENT:
To create a learning environment in which students understand the fundamentals of ethical business practices and behaviors to help them succeed in the 21st century global business environment.
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION GOALS:
MacCormac’s associate in business program is designed to ensure that students are well-rounded, well-educated and well-prepared for the 21st century world of business. To that end, the associate degree in business administration will:
- Provide students with a broad-based overview of the key concepts, tools, strategies and techniques necessary to support/enhance students’ employability in a for-profit or not- for-profit business venture.
- Provide the basic tools to move on to a four-year college or university.
- Explore the latest concepts and practices in management and global economics.
- Broaden student understanding of current and future economic trends and their impact on the business climate in the U.S. and across the globe.
- Build basic skills, knowledge and understanding of business accounting, finance, technology, human resource management and marketing.
- Integrate traditional classroom education, best practices and experiential learning to enhance student knowledge and understanding.
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION MAJOR LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Communicate effectively in business environments.
- Utilize relevant business software and online business resources.
- Review the relevance of social media within the business context.
- Analyze internal and external business reports including basic financial statements.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate common and competing interests of business stakeholders including customers, suppliers, business owners, investors and global markets.
- Gain an understanding of the ethical challenges related to business and management through the study of effective strategies for resolving these issues.
INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CERTIFICATIONS:
- Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR)
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified Customer Service Manager (CCSM)
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DEGREE PROGRAM DIRECTOR:
Maggie joined MacCormac College as an adjunct instructor teaching Accounting and Finance in Fall 2019. She earned her bachelor’s degree in Accounting from University of North Florida and a master’s in Accounting from the Ohio State University.
Maggie started her academic career with Columbia College Chicago in 2012 and has taught a variety of Accounting courses at Columbia College and Elmhurst University. She is a licensed CPA and has over 15 years of professional experience working as an Accountant at multinational manufacturing corporations.
Program outline is available here.
TRUST MACCORMAC COLLEGE TO PREPARE YOU FOR SUCCESS IN BUSINESS
With roots in downtown Chicago from 1904, MacCormac College has a distinguished history. In fact, we are the oldest, private, two-year, nonprofit community college in Illinois. Our associate in business curriculum is designed to challenge students while our faculty, staff and student services are here to support and foster learning and to help junior college students transition to either a four-year college or into the workforce after graduation.
MacCormac College is proud to offer the Business Administration degree that Chicago employers recognize, trust and respect. To learn more about pursuing a 2-year business degree in the heart of Chicago through MacCormac College, contact us or apply online now!